Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blessed by Rain


Yesterday was one of those Mondays when it really feels like a Monday. Cranky people, neverending phone calls, and a lot of loose ends I had no motivation to tie up. As I was making the final rounds and closing everything up, it began to sprinkle. Once I got up to the rooftop to turn out the firepit, though, it began to pour! I was drenched! Racing around trying to put away the cushions and hide anything that shouldn't be getting wet, I paused for a moment to glance over the edge of the roof. What I saw made me stop in my tracks, because Cardiff had never looked so beautiful. A soft gray mist of rain and fog blurred all the streetlights, creating a hazy glow as far as I could see. The smell of fresh waterdrops cleared out all the dust and pollen from the air, and the whistle of the train punctuated the growing chorus of silence and rain. All I could think was how lucky and blessed I was...and am...what a beautiful gift on a now-perfect Monday.


Cardiff-by-the-Sea Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment