Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!


Happy 4th of July!! I hope all of you out there are doing something fun -- whether it's with friends, family, pets, or neighbors. It's a BEAUTIFUL day out there! When I was younger one of my favorite parts of the summer was the Fourth of July parade in Dutch Flat, CA. We'd always try to leave early (to no avail) to get a prime viewing spot and where (more importantly to me and my brothers) we could catch the most amount of candy. The parade always commenced with bagpipers and was filled with water balloons, fire engines, dressed up poodles, and all kinds of things. When we got home my brothers and I always had to spread out our candy horde on the floor and compare who had a better stash. My dad would invariably steal some when we werent looking or a fight would break out over who got the blowpop, but it was a tradition we cherished. Ahhh, good memories.

Tonight after leaving this beautiful lodge, I'll go home and sit on my rooftop with some friends to watch the fireworks. You really can't beat fireworks over the bay.
Traditions might change, but the good feelings and general camaraderie do not.

What memories are you making today?

In case you want to watch the fireworks, too, here is a listing of all the locations in the San Diego area. San Diego Fireworks

Cardiff-by-the-Sea Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment