Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ten Things to do Before Summer is Over!


Where has this summer gone? It's so hard to believe it's already August - I feel as though summer has just begun...but school is starting again soon for many people and vacation time is running low. BIG SIGH. Soooo....with these last few weeks of summer fun in mind, here are my top favorite things to do in the area during the summer.

1. BEACH!! What is the point of being or living in San Diego if you don't take advantage of the beautiful sand and uber warm water (it's about 72 degrees right now!) Get a good book, some sunscreen, and a big old towel and head out to Cardiff Beach!

2. Surfing. Okay, okay, so I only stood up like twice. But still, it's REALLY fun if you actually know how to do it.

3. Boogieboarding. Far less complicated than surfing...and just as fun in my opinion. Once you get the hang of it, you can start trying tricks. (I'm trying to master the 360 spin...no luck yet)

4. Hiking/walking (when it's cool enough outside). San Elijo Lagoon has tons of trails all around it that are great for running or walking. Del Mar also has some neat trails along the bluffs overlooking the ocean.

5. Eating ice cream. 'Nuff said.

6. Camping. Okay so I haven't exactly gone yet, but I want to. Luckily, there's a campground right across the street from us...right on the beach. Sleeping bags and hot dogs and marshmallows...ahh...

7. Bike riding. I just love bikes. Who doesn't love bikes? Whether it's beach cruisers or mountain bikes or road bikes or whatever, roaming around on bikes brings thoughts of carefree youth and watermelon slices.

8. Watermelon slices. Also, nuff said.

9. Picnics. A few days ago my parents came to visit and we all feasted on chicken and cheese and bread and wine in Balboa Park...it couldn't have been more perfect. Bring your family and friends -- it's a great way to connect.

10. Bbqing. Yum. So I like food. Don't hate me! But burgers on the grill just can't be beat. And playing frisbee and almost hitting the burgers on the ground! Ahhhhh I mean what?

Anyway, those are my top ten for the rest of the summer. Anybody else have any other summer must-dos?

Cardiff-by-the-Sea Lodge

No comments:

Post a Comment